10/21/2015, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- A speaking engagement at the Birmingham Unitarian Church.
03/23/2015, Birmingham, MI
- A speaking engagement at the Rotary Club of Birmingham (The Community House).
11/11/2014, Franklin, MI
- A speaking engagement on this Veterans Day at the Franklin Community United Methodist Church.
09/24/2014, Charlotte, NC
- A visit at the Billy Graham Library.
09/23/2014, Patriots’ Point at Mt. Pleasant (Charleston), SC
- A follow-up visit at the USS Yorktown, WWII Aircraft Carrier.
07/10/2014, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- A speaking engagement at the Bloomfield Hills chapter of the Optimist Club (Marriott near Opdyke and Square Lake)
01/16/2014, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- A speaking engagement at the Rotary Club of Bloomfield Hills (Bloomfield Open Hunt Club)
12/15/2013, Patriots’ Point at Mt. Pleasant (Charleston), SC
- A visit at the USS Yorktown, WWII Aircraft Carrier, now a floating museum.
11/20/2013, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- A speaking engagement at the Bloomfield Township Senior Services Men’s Club.
09/30/2013, Escanaba, MI
- A radio interview by Mr. Craig Woerpel, News Director, WDBC 680 AM.
09/29-30/2013, Upper Peninsula Honor Flight Reunion, Gladstone, MI
- Speaking engagements on both dates.
06/22/2013, Washington, D.C.
- A visit at the World War II Memorial.
05/29/2013, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- “With Profound Gratitude,” by Ms. Robin Ruehlen, C&G News.
05/18/2013, Bloomfield Township, MI
- A speaking engagement on this Armed Forces Day at the Bloomfield Township Senior Services.
12/07/2012, Saratoga Springs, NY:
- “71 years later, Japan native Reiko McKendry thankful for mercy US showed after World War II,” by Mr. Paul Post, the Saratogian.
- The same article also ran in other cities:
- “Reiko McKendry’s mission: To thank US veterans for their compassion after WWII,” the Record, Troy, NY
- “Japanese-American woman thankful for American Kindness following WWII,” ChicoER.Com, Chico, CA.
- “Japanese native thankful for U.S. good will after war,” Daily Local News, West Chester, PA
11/03/2012, Biloxi, MS:
- “Reunion gives South Mississippi Honor Flight veterans chance to reminisce,” The Sun Herald: When you click on the “related galleries,” just below the main picture, there are a few pictures of me as well, giving a presentation. I appreciated so much not only the article but the captions that the reporter, Ms. Donna Harris, placed for each photograph.
- It was such an honor to be able to personally thank many of the WWII veterans at this event. I hope to be able to meet many, many more of them – before it’s too late for them and for me.
06/15-16/2012, Southeast Wisconsin Festival of Books, Waukesha, WI
06/09-10/2012, Chicago Tribune Printers Row Lit Fest, Chicago, IL
04/22-23/2012, Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, Los Angeles, CA