I have been intent on writing my book #2 for nearly a year now. Along the way, I was advised that very few people make money by simply selling books. Based on my book #1, I have known this to be true.
Having a course offering at the end of the book is essential to monetizing it. So my focus has been to create a course on how to buy-and-hold the first investment property correctly. Oh, how I wish I could have found someone who showed me the way 15 years ago! It would have saved me both time and money, not to mention the hardships that David and I ended up experiencing. Then again, perhaps I was meant to experience them all – so that I could create a meaningful and useful course for the future generations of Americans who wish to remain financially independent. When completed, it will be a small token of appreciation for what my parents had always said to me about the U.S.A. They said, “After World War II, we had been told by the authorities awful things about Americans, characterizing them as inhumane and evil. In reality, none of this turned out to be true. Instead, America brought to Japan food, peace, and democracy.”
As you can see, it is no accident that I have been in the country of my childhood dreams since having reached adulthood. What follows is a chronology of what I have been up to lately:
- March 9, 2020: A few days before the Covid-19 lockdown order by our Governor went into effect, I signed up for a program called, Knowledge Broker Blueprint.
- KBB’s focus is to create a mastermind group and share the knowledge, whatever it may be.
- Those who sign up can go through the program at their own pace.
- This was a superb program, especially for those of us who want to figure out how to adapt to the rapidly changing economy.
- March 27, 2020: I also started a private, 8-week program that focused on creating a course.
- Let’s call it KBB-2.
- This bonus program turned out to be a godsend because it is closely aligned with what I had in mind to start creating a course.
- It was taught by the gentleman who introduced me to the KBB program.
- April 9, 2020: Completed the original KBB program.
- May 1, 2020: I began learning from ClickFunnels about creating funnels.
- May 6, 7, and 8, 2020: I learned about building a list of future clients.
- In a nutshell, when you need to monetize your product, you need funnels instead of a website. Who knew!?
- I’ll be participating in Funnels Friday for the rest of the year. It’s a fun program and I’m learning a lot, too.
- May 15, 2020: Completed the KBB-2 program.
- Exact date TBD: I will be taking a 30-day One Funnel Away Challenge as soon as practicable.
- The primary goal is to start creating a list of emails among those who are interested in the course I will be creating.
- I have always believed that the course I’m creating is exactly what I could have used 15 years ago. So I am convinced that a lot of people would be interested in it.
- I walked away from a great job in corporate America to become my own boss as a result of the dot-com market crash of 2000.
- As a result of the Covid-19 lockdown, what is happening in the economy today can be scary for a lot of people. I have a hunch that many of them would want to know what I can teach them.
- I am excited about the prospect of where my project is headed. Never a dull moment!